¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

SO2. SHANE PATTON

SO2. SHANE PATTON Empty SO2. SHANE PATTON

Mensaje por doc_breacher Lun 21 Feb 2011 - 12:57

SO2. SHANE PATTON Patton

His name is Shane Patton. Shane was a U.S. Navy Seal. He was KIA in Afghanistan on June 28, 2005 and was only 22 years old. On that day he and a bunch of other Seals were called into action when four of their fellow teammates were under attack and outnumbered by 120. Shane and the other brave hero's jumped into a helicopter to go get them. When they arrived they started to descend to let the seals out. Right at that moment the helicopter was shot down by an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade). It was the biggest loss the Seals have had in a long time.

There has been a book recently published called "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell. Marcus is the only one who survived on that mountain. He was one of the four that called for help.

Please leave comments if you want. Look at the pictures of Shane and remember him and all of the other military service members who have died for our country.

I can tell you this much about Shane; He loved what he did and was very good at it. He believed in this country and was willing to die for it, and he did. He paid the ultimate price for my freedom, for your freedom, and everyone else in America. Remember to support America's troops, they need it!

I think Shane said it best:

" I'm proud to be an American. Freedom isn't free, so don't take it for granted. And if you're one of those people that doesn't appreciate what the military does for our country, then GET THE FUCK OUT!! we don't need ya bringing us down."

Here is a little paragraph that Shane wrote on the "about me" section of his myspace account.

About me:

The name is Shane. I'm usually so sweat and humble, and I'd spill my heart for you. I'd pretty much whip your ass at anything you do. I'm usually always the one to pull through, even if you don't. If I say I'll be there, then I'll be there. If I say I'll call, then I'll call. Loyal dedication. I'm not fake like most people, and only seen at the tip of the iceberg. Sneaky. Quiet. Smart-ass. Clean or dirty, which ever you prefer. Hate popcorn. love sushi. drink coffee daily. rock out hourly. great sense of humor. I'll make you laugh. no drama. no attachments. i wear a smile on my face. never get pissed. this feels like a job application. i talk to strangers. drool when i sleep. sleep naked. usually shave everything. workout daily. drink on weekends. my family rocks. my dad can beat up your dad. love adrenaline rushes. work hard for what I've got. worked harder for where I am. worked the hardest for what I've done and seen, where I've been and where I'm going. I ain't scared to send a message to somebody I don't know. That's probably how you're reading this in the first place.
doc_breacher
doc_breacher
ALPHA Squad · S08

SO2. SHANE PATTON Empty Re: SO2. SHANE PATTON

Mensaje por doc_breacher Lun 21 Feb 2011 - 12:58

Specialty: Navy SEAL
BUD/S Class: 239
SEAL Service: (TBD) years
Home: Boulder City, NV
Assigned: SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team ONE, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Died: June 28, 2005
Operation: Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan)
Details: Died while conducting combat operations, when the MH-47 helicopter he was aboard on a rescue operation was shot down and crashed in Kunar Province.
Awards: Bronze Star with Combat “V” for Valor
Purple Heart
Other Awards: (TBD)
Contributions: Shane Patton was part of a dedicated team fighting the Taliban, a fundamentalist regime that a U.S.-led coalition knocked from power in Afghanistan in 2001, but which has continued to conduct guerilla operations, particularly along the Pakistan border.
Patton worked to help ensure that al-Qaeda terrorists could not train in, nor launch strikes from Afghanistan since their lethal attack on the World Trade Center in New York on September 11, 2001. Patton graduated in 2000 from Boulder City Highschool, Nevada, where he was an avid baseball player. He then followed in the footsteps of his father, retired Navy SEAL James Patton, and graduated with BUD/S class 239.

Shane Patton was one of 16 troops killed when a MH- 47 Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan on June 28, on a daring daylight mission to reinforce a four-man SEAL reconnaissance squad in 8,000-foot mountainous terrain.

Patton, seven other SEALs, and eight Army commandos died in their heroic attempt to rescue their fellow SEALs. LT Michael Murphy, Matthew Axelson, and Danny Dietz fought on courageously and were killed in the firefight against overwhelming Taliban forces.

A total of 11 SEALs died that day in the War against Terror, in the biggest single loss of life for Naval Special Warfare forces since World War II. To a man, they embodied the Navy’s core Honor, Courage and Commitment, and took care of their teammates to the end.

Shane Patton is remembered with the greatest respect and gratitude by his fellow SEALs, the Navy, and our nation.

Memorials: A SEAL teammate remembered Patton as having one goal: to be a Navy SEAL like his father, James Patton. “It’s been said that Shane was good with everything he did or tried… He cared about his work. He cared about pulling his weight. He cared about his platoon.”

doc_breacher
doc_breacher
ALPHA Squad · S08

Mensaje por doc_breacher Lun 21 Feb 2011 - 12:58

doc_breacher
doc_breacher
ALPHA Squad · S08

Mensaje por doc_breacher Lun 21 Feb 2011 - 13:01

SO2. SHANE PATTON Shanepatton

SO2. SHANE PATTON Imgp0379j

SO2. SHANE PATTON Gsemultipart67994

doc_breacher
doc_breacher
ALPHA Squad · S08

Mensaje por doc_breacher Lun 21 Feb 2011 - 13:02

A Boulder City family is mourning the loss of their son and brother who died in battle. Twenty-two-year-old Shane Patton was a Navy SEAL killed when his helicopter was shot down by the enemy in Afghanistan on Tuesday. Eyewitness News spoke with Patton's family and friends who talked about this young hero.

Dennis Tretton, a friend's father, said. "...Just full of life. Ready to serve his country." And Dennis Tretton says that Shane Patton loved being a Navy Seal.

Tretton's son Brandon and Shane were best friends at Boulder City High School, where they graduated in 2000. Tretton, and even Patton's father, a retired Navy SEAL, says that Patton's decision to join the Navy upon graduation was a surprise because he hadn't shown interest until then.

Dennis Tretton said, "I'm sure he wanted to follow in his dad's footsteps."

Patton's father, James retired from the Navy to his hometown of Boulder City where he became a Las Vegas city marshal serving warrants and protecting the city courts.

Patton and his three brothers made the small town of Boulder City their home after traveling the world with their military father.

Shane Patton was a popular student at Boulder City High School where he spent a lot of time on the baseball diamond, playing for his high school team. He also picked up surfing when he became a Navy Seal living in Hawaii and California. He was also very dedicated to his physical training for being a Navy Seal.

Dennis Tretton said, "If you know anything about SEAL training, it's about as difficult of a task as there is. He got through that and it's just a shame."

Patton and 15 other servicemen on a Special Forces helicopter was shot down by insurgents in Afghanistan on Tuesday, June 28.

Patton's father began making phone calls when he heard about the attack on Wednesday night. As he was making those calls, three Navy personnel showed up at his door to deliver the devastating news.

Shane Patton's father was too emotional to speak on camera. But he did want people to know that Shane's beard was grown so that he could blend in better in Afghanistan. It was not typical for a Navy Seal.

doc_breacher
doc_breacher
ALPHA Squad · S08

Mensaje por doc_breacher Lun 21 Feb 2011 - 13:18

SO2. SHANE PATTON Shanem

SO2. SHANE PATTON Shanelookin

SO2. SHANE PATTON Shanesfamily

doc_breacher
doc_breacher
ALPHA Squad · S08